Brown's Family Shoe Store
These are YOUR shoes. Do whatever you want in them. Shop for them however you wish. Like a trusted running partner, teammate or old walkin' buddy, we'll make it easier and more enjoyable for you to do just that. Because, unlike the others, we don't simply stand behind your shoes. We run, walk, train, play, work and live in them with you, in your community and in your neighborhood - Every step of the way.
In August of 1950, Ransome and Lois "Ma" Brown built a family business on love, faith and hard work. After Ransome passed away in 1969 at the age of 57, Ma Brown kept the dream alive and continued to nurture and grow the business. In 1979, the second generation, Randy and Margit Brown, changed careers to wholeheartedly embrace the family dream. Their sons Chad and Kurt grew up in the store and soon joined into the effort.
Today, the Brown's continue to build upon their grandparents's legacy. With five New Balance locations across 3 states, nation-wide catalog, an online presence and even the original family shoe store, Browns Enterprises plans on being in business for generations to come.
Read more at emissourian.com
- Brown's Family Shoe Store opens in Washington, MO
- Founder, Ransome Brown, passes away
- Randy and Margit Brown joined the business
- Catalog Center Created
- Ma Brown retires after 46 years
- New Balance St. Louis in Richmond Heights opens
- BrownsCatalog.com begins ecommerce business
- Celebrate 50 years of business as Chad Brown joins the company
- New Balance Kansas City in Overland Park, KS opens
- Kurt Brown joins the company
- New Balance St. Louis in Creve Coeur opens
- New Balance Branson opens
- Founder, Lois "Ma" Brown, passes away
- 60th anniversary
- New Balance St. Louis in Fairview Heights, IL opens
- Metro Orthotics, LLC opens under the direction of Chad Brown
- BrownsCatalog.com becomes WhereFeetLoveUs.com
- Richmond Heights remodeled store moves to new location on Big Bend